Some posts here on ARoseTintedWorld may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click a link and buy a product or register, then I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. I may also use products from the companies mentioned in these posts. Thank you for supporting my blog!
Are you a fan of the late Prince? And a fan of craft projects? Then this week you’ll be delighted to see the book we were sent to review. You too could be crafting like it’s 1999! The lovely people at Welbeck Publishing gifted us a copy of ‘When Doves Craft’. This fun book has an array of crafts for you to try, all themed around the life and works of Prince. We were excited to see what the book had to offer, and have a go at one of the projects ourselves ! And later on in this post, find out how you have the chance to win one!
#AD – gifted – We received a When Doves Craft book to review.
When Doves Craft – Book Review
Prince was one of the iconic rock stars of his age. And certainly he was an incredibly creative artist. With his signature style and enigmatic look, he was impossible to ignore. With this book you can create 10 pieces of craft work that pay their respect to the creative genius that once changed his name to just being a symbol.
Ten Very Different Craft Projects To Try
In the book, you get step by step instructions, plus templates and hints, on how you can create each of the 10 Prince themed projects. All of the projects are named for Prince’s key works, and have titles such as
- ‘Purple Crane‘ – make an origami crane from purple paper
- ‘I Would Dye For You‘ – try your hand at batik, using the symbols Prince used as the basis for his own name symbol
- ‘Raspberry Crochet‘ – crochet your own Raspberry Beret, without the need for a secondhand store.
And each project also is accompanied by an informative piece about the life and works of the man himself. Which some interesting facts that you may not have known before!
We Decided To Have A Go At One Of The Crafts
Because I love working with felt, the chance to make something from the book out of felt was not one I wanted to pass on. I already had all the felt and materials I needed at home.
Firstly I needed to trace the templates off from the back of the book. Then I just needed to cut out the felt and sew them up in order.
Pretty soon I had my very own Prince in miniature, complete with ruffle shirt and black guitar.
Whether you are a huge fan, or just a beginner crafter, this is a great place to start learning some new crafts!
Fancy Winning One Of These For Yourself?
Read on as you have a chance of winning one of these brilliant craft books for yourself!
It’s Time For A Giveaway!
The lovely people at Welbeck Publishing have offered one of my readers the chance to win one of the books featured above! You too could be going on a craft homage to Prince! To be in with a chance to win, you firstly need to comment on this post to enter.
I just need to know the answer to one question.
What is your favourite Prince song? Or what is your favourite craft?
Enter using the form below – and good luck!
The competition is open to entrants from the UK only. The winner will be chosen at random after the competition closes – but see the full t&cs below.
Terms and Conditions of Giveaway
- Giveaway ends at midnight on 27th February.
- There is one prize only – which consists of a When Doves Craft book.
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- This giveaway is limited to UK entrants aged 18 or over. If you enter from out of the UK, your entry will be deleted.
- By providing your information, you are providing your information to me and me alone. I do not share or sell information. I will use any information only for the purpose of contacting the Winner and will send the winners details to Welbeck Publishing Group, so that they can send the winning prize.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- The Winner will be contacted by email within 72 hours of the giveaway ending.
- If no response is received from the Winner within 72 hours of being contacted, a subsequent Winner may be selected.
- Finally, entry to this prize draw confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you have any additional questions, please contact me.
Disclaimer: I received a ‘When Doves Craft’ book for the purposes of this review. But all thoughts and opinions are my own.
See more books at Welbeck Publishing here.
And see some of our other reviews
- Trolls World Tour Pop-Out Adventure
- Anne Frank Book Review
- Going Waste Free and Going Plastic Free Book Reviews