Some posts here on ARoseTintedWorld may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click a link and buy a product or register, then I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. I may also use products from the companies mentioned in these posts. Thank you for supporting my blog!
Are your carpets looking a little jaded? Need some ideas on how to get them looking much better? Well here are some top secrets of effective carpet cleaning that will help to rejuvenate your tired floor coverings.
Top Secrets of Effective Carpet Cleaning
The carpet always brings a special atmosphere of comfort and warmth to the interior. However, deep carpet cleaning at home is a rather troublesome and tedious procedure. The carpet easily absorbs various odours and is also an excellent dust collector. Every carpet owner dreams of spending a minimum of effort yet get the effect of a new carpet. But only regular cleaning will help to maximize the service life and maintain bright colours.
Below we give a number of effective tips for cleaning carpets with improvised means. With the help of these tips carpet cleaning will be not only extremely useful for you, but even enjoyable.
Our Carpet Cleaning Tips
- The most popular domestic carpet cleaning tip is to use wet tea leaves. After you have vacuumed the carpet, scatter the tea leaves over the entire area. And after they have dried, they can be swept away with a clean broom. But remember that “tea” carpet cleaning can cause tea stains, especially on light coloured carpets! For that reason, you can use this method only for cleaning dark colours.
- Often, short-pile carpets can be cleaned with a crust of stale bread. Rub this over the carpet, after which the crumbs are swept away with a broom or the carpets are vacuumed.
- Avoid brushing carpets against lint, using hard brushes and applying hot water on the carpet.
- If you spilled coffee or tea on your favourite carpet, a solution of glycerin and water (in a ratio of 1 tablespoon to 1 litre) will come to your aid. Wipe off the dirt with a cloth soaked in this solution, leave for 15-20 minutes, rinse, and then enjoy a perfectly clean carpet!
- Fresh beer, liquor or wine stains can be removed by brushing the carpet with a soft brush dipped in warm soapy water. And then rubbing the stains with a solution of warm water and vinegar (in a ratio of 1 teaspoon to 1 litre of water).
- If you have spilled your favourite perfume, eau de toilette or cologne on the carpet, first wipe the stain with a cloth soaked in warm soapy water. Then clean the contamination with clean water, after which you need to dry the carpet well.
- If you spill ink on the carpet, you should immediately throw a handful of ordinary table salt on the stain. This perfectly absorbs ink. And if the ink stains are old, they can be removed with lemon juice, citric acid or alcohol. Moistened a cotton swab with this solution and apply to the dirt. Then you need to wash the cleaned area with soapy water and dry thoroughly.
- In order to revive the colour of your carpet, it is not at all necessary to resort to carpet cleaning services. It is enough just to properly place it relative to the window. If you place the carpet in such a way that the fibres are directed towards the light, then its colour will become more rich and intense. It is not difficult to determine the direction of the pile. It is enough to run your hand over the carpet – in which direction the pile turns out to be harder, the other side must be laid to the window.
However, be extremely careful when cleaning carpets yourself. Some manufacturers do not recommend cleaning your carpet at home. This is especially true for carpets made from certain types of wool, carpets with bright or light colours, as well as carpets made of silk fibres. In this case, the best option would be to contact professional carpet cleaning London based company. Trust the professionals in their field!
*This is a collaborative post – for more details please see my Disclosure Policy