Some posts here on ARoseTintedWorld may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click a link and buy a product or register, then I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. I may also use products from the companies mentioned in these posts. Thank you for supporting my blog!
Halfway through the school holidays and are your children looking for something to do? Well, today I have a review and giveaway that may be perfect for you! And it’s courtesy of Wicked Uncle, a great place to look when you are searching for gifts for all ages. They have some great ideas for games for the whole family whatever time of year it is. But they recently sent me The Upside Down Challenge Game to review, and so I want to share this with you.
Plus, do read on, as later on you get the chance to win THIS GAME FOR YOURSELF!
*Ad – I was sent a copy of The Upside Down Challenge game to review by WICKED UNCLE for the purpose of this post. Ultimately though, this review is my honest opinion. This post also contains affiliate links. For more details see the Disclosure Policy
The Upside Down Challenge Game Review And Giveaway…
We love family games here at A Rose Tinted World and we are always looking for great games for 6 year olds. So we were delighted to be offered the chance to play this game and tell you all about it.
What is the Upside Down Challenge Game All About?
At first glance, the Upside Down Challenge Game may seem like a very simple concept. All you need to do is draw a picture, or complete an easy task. Pretty straight forward, right?
But each simple task takes on a completely different level when you add the challenge of viewing everything upside down!
In the upside down challenge game, players take turns to wear the upside down goggles whilst taking their turn. And even simple tasks may seem impossible when the world is on its head!
What’s In The Game Box?
In the game box, you receive
- A Pair of Upside Down Glasses
- 32 drawing and action cards
- A 20 second hourglass timer
- An explanation card for the different symbols
- An instruction booklet for action tasks
- 36 tokens
- A Rulebook
But to play you also need a few extra household items. These are: 3 cardboard rolls (such as loo roll inners), a pen with a lid, paper, some water, a teaspoon, 2 plastic beakers and a bowl.
How Do You Play The Upside Down Challenge?
When it is their turn, each player picks a card from the pile of challenge cards and has to tell everyone whether they are attempting a drawing or an action task.
Both drawing and action tasks come in two levels of difficulty. Easier tasks for younger players are denoted by a feather symbol. And harder versions for older players are denoted with a dumbbell symbol.
If the player picks up a drawing task card, that player has to choose which symbol they are going to draw but does not show the card or tell the remaining players what they are going to attempt to draw. They then have to try and draw their chosen symbol within 40 seconds whilst wearing the upside down goggles. If another player guesses the symbol being drawn correctly, both the player doing the drawing and the person who got the right answer each receive a token.
If the player draws an action card, they must turn it over for all other players to see. Each action card is numbered and the action card booklet gives more details about what action is needed for each task. The player gets 20 seconds to complete the task and if they complete it within the time, they win a token. Actions vary, from giving the other players high fives to trying to stack multiple objects, but all take on a new level of difficulty when you add seeing it all upside down!
How To Win The Game
The winner is the first player to win 5 tokens! But once you get the special googles on and start trying the challenges, you will soon see that this sounds so much easier than it really is!
What Do We Think Of The Game?
The game is said to be suitable for children from 7 years upwards, but we played with two 6 year olds who certainly had no problem understanding how to play. And we all found it hilarious! I particularly love the fact that there are different levels for different ages, meaning that everyone can play together and it is fair!
View the game here in the Wicked Uncle shop website, where it retails for £23.95.
We definitely think that it is such a fun game for all ages, and a really unusual idea. It’s going to be perfect for playing at the caravan whilst we are away this summer.
And Now It’s Time For A Giveaway!
You can Win the Upside Down Challenge Game to play yourself! Wicked Uncle have kindly gifted me a second game to give away to my readers.
For a chance to win, enter using the form below. And good luck!
The competition is open to entrants over 18 yrs from the UK only. The winner will be chosen at random after the competition closes – but see the full t&cs below.
Terms and Conditions of Giveaway
- Giveaway ends at midnight on 28th August 2022 (00:00 on 29/08/22)
- There is one prize only – which consists of an Upside Down Challenge Game
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- This giveaway is limited to UK entrants aged 18 or over. If you enter from out of the UK, your entry will be deleted.
- By providing your information, you are agreeing to provide your name and address to myself so that I can arrange your prize. In this case the prize will be sent by Royal Mail.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- The Winner will be contacted within 48 hours of the giveaway ending. I will contact the winner by email, but may also use direct messaging on Twitter or Instagram. Please note – this messaging will only be from my official account. Indeed, if any other account tries to contact you, do not respond or give any personal details.
- If no response is received from the Winner within 30 days of being contacted, a subsequent Winner may be selected.
- Finally, entry to this prize draw confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you have any additional questions, please contact me.
I hope that you have enjoyed this review. Would you like to win The Upside Down Challenge game? Good Luck!