Some posts here on ARoseTintedWorld may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click a link and buy a product or register, then I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. I may also use products from the companies mentioned in these posts. Thank you for supporting my blog!
I had a really good 2018. The first half of the year I remained off work, just watching my little one growing up. And then in July I started my blog! I had some absolutely amazing experiences too. 2018 had its highs and lows. I wanted to share some of them with you before we get too far into 2019 and I forget just how good it was! This is the Top 7 tag.
The Top 7 Tag With A Rose Tinted World.
The name is exactly what it suggests, a blogger tag to share some of my best things on and off the blog from 2018 as well as some things I am looking forward to in 2019. Anyone is welcome to take part, I would love to read any posts if you do. You can tag me on Twitter @arosetintdworld , Facebook or Instagram @arosetinted. If you would like to join in, this is all you need to do;
- Your Favourite 7 Posts from 2018. They can be any posts at all that you are proud of.
- 7 Things You Loved The Most About 2018. Whether you visited somewhere, or just had one of those moments you will never forget, if you loved it, list it!
- 7 Things You Are Looking Forward to in 2019. Whether those plans are set in stone or you something you would like to do this year, share with us.
- Tag 7 Bloggers to Take Part. Share the love and tag 7 others who would like to take part.
- Say Thanks. Link back to the person who tagged you and/or myself so people know where to find the tag to join in too.
So, Here Are My Top 7’S.
Top 7 Posts of 2018.
- Pregnant at 43 :Being an Older Mum – where I talk about why it took me so long to start a family
- A Child With Sleep Apnoea – where I discuss all the trouble we had with Elizabeth’s breathing on a night
- A Child’s Tonsillectomy; How to Prepare – when we took E into hospital for her tonsils and adenoids removing
- A Day Trip To York – all the brilliant things you can do in a day in this marvellous and historic city
- 9 Positive Ways to Start Your Day – how to get up full of vigour (perfect for these winter mornings!)
- Why Is My Toddler Hitting Herself? – I talk about E’s habit of hitting herself when agitated. Should I be worried?
- Padded Fabric Christmas Trees – My best loved sewing blog of 2018. Free template to make a lovely fabric tree.
7 Things I loved in 2018.
Making Elizabeth A Birthday Cake.
Elizabeth was 2 in January 2018. Her favourite show at the time was Twirliwoos. Unfortunately, I left it a bit late to be asking a local cake maker to make her something special. Instead, I thought to myself “How hard can it be?!”
I was quite pleased with the result. A rainbow sandwich cake with fondant figures of the Twirliwoos on the top.
Learning How To Sew Jersey.
Starting A Blog.
I have been amazed at how lovely the blogging community is. And it is lovely to link up and share with so many people. I would certainly recommend it to others.
Making Myself Some Clothes.
2018 was also the year that I really got to grips with making myself some wearable clothes. Before then I had concentrated on making clothes for children. But last year I managed to find some patterns for myself, and wore several of my own creations.
Our Family Holiday to Wales .
We made some brilliant memories in Anglesey over the summer. The weather was amazing, we went just before most of the main schools broke up (because my OH’s school always finish a week early) so it was lovely and quiet. Elizabeth loved the beach, Pili Palas butterfly world, and Conwy. But her favourite thing was the train at Llanberis.
Elizabeth Having Her Tonsils Out.
It may be strange to say it. The day that Elizabeth had her tonsils out was one of the worst days of my life. I have never been so scared. But the surgery has had so many visible benefits that it really was one of the best things about last year. It has helped so much with her breathing, sleeping and energy levels.
Watching My Little Girl Grow Up.
This was the best thing about 2018. I got to spend the whole year doing some lovely things with my little one and spending the time watching her grow and learning with her. It has been so much fun.
7 Things I Am Looking Forward to in 2019
- In the short term, mine and E’s birthdays in January. She was born 2 days after I turned 44, so our birthdays are a bit of a joint affair. It also means that my birthday lasts longer.
- Losing weight. I am trying really hard this year. To get into some nicer clothes, but also because I am also looking forward to…
- Getting Married in 2019. Even though we haven’t set a date or got a venue or a dress or ANYTHING.
- Going on a foreign holiday. We’ve stayed in the UK with Elizabeth so far. Because I haven’t got a passport and am petrified of flying! But this year we really need to get away.
- The Summer – if it is as gorgeous as 2018 then we are in for a treat. Plus we have a playhouse for Elizabeth to decorate and play in this year!
- Maybe going on a blog conference if I can muster up the courage. I’d love to meet some of the people in person that have been so supportive so far.
- Doing even more with my blog and life than in 2018. I am certain that it is going to be a brilliant year!
So there we go, these are my top 7’s. I would love you to take part if you fancy it but I am tagging the following people to join in with me;
- Becca from Becca Blogs It out
- Lianne from Mrs Mummy Harris
- Sophie from Yorkshire Families
- Annette at 3 Little Buttons
- Phil and Pips at Parenting Phils
- Kirsty at Navigating Baby
- Joanne at So Nostalgic
Enjoyed this? Why not read about my My Happy List?
Or A Year To Clear – how I am going to deal with clutter in bite sized chunks.