Some posts here on ARoseTintedWorld may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click a link and buy a product or register, then I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. I may also use products from the companies mentioned in these posts. Thank you for supporting my blog!
I don’t know about you, but over the next few weeks we are going to be needing plenty of things to do whilst in quarantine. So when the lovely people at Welbeck Books sent us their latest set of activity books, The Brilliant And Amazing Recycling Project Books, we were delighted to discover some new things to make out of items that we could already find around our house.
#AD – gifted – We received “The Brilliant Recycling Project Book” and “The Amazing Recycling Project Book” to review.
The Brilliant And Amazing Recycling Project Books – Our Review And Giveaway
We absolutely love junk modelling in our house. And it also means that we get more use out of certain items before they are sent to recycle or thrown away. As part of a sustainable lifestyle we try to keep what we throw to landfill to a minimum. So therefore we do keep plenty of items to one side to make models and play with. Before Christmas, we made Santa decorations from egg boxes, and have lots of ideas on how to upcycle clothes.
But these two books by Welbeck each contain even more brilliant ideas for things to do with items that you can find in your recycling bin, or charity donation bag.
The Brilliant Recycling Project Book
This book has ideas of how you can take old socks and toilet roll inners and turn them into some amazing makes. Amongst many other things you can make an octopus, horse and rabbit out of an old sock. Or make a shark, rocket, unicorn or pirate plus many more out of a toilet roll inner. Each page is packed with full instructions of how to make all these brilliant items. Plus there are pages with templates or pieces to cut out and stick on your creations.
The Amazing Recycling Book
Alternatively, you can take your old egg boxes and cereal boxes, and use them to make some fabulous fabrications using The Amazing Recycling Book. Some of the many ideas include making a guitar, castle or marble run from a cereal box. Or making a penguin, dragon or music shaker from an egg box. Again, there are lots of accessories to cut out or copy to finish your makes.
We Made Something From The Books
To demonstrate how easy and effective these ideas are, we decided to make something from each book
Firstly, we took a cereal box and turned it into the puppet theatre, which is an idea from The Amazing Recycling Project Book. Then we took some toilet roll inners and turned them into a pirate and mermaid, which are ideas in The Brilliant Recycling Project Book.
Elizabeth loved painting the box and then decorating it. I had some scrap fabric, so made some curtains for the theatre. (See some other ideas for your fabric scraps here.) As the mermaid and pirate came out so well, Elizabeth decided to make a cat, but then it quickly became a mer-cat.
Finally, she loved giving us a puppet show with her new group of puppet players!
Fancy Winning A Set of These Books For Yourself?
Read on as you have a chance of winning a set of both books for yourself! What fabulous things would you make?
It’s Time For A Giveaway!
The lovely people at Welbeck Publishing have offered two of my readers the chance to win a set of the two books featured above! You too could be using The Brilliant And Amazing Recycling Project Books to make your own fantastic models! To be in with a chance to win, you enter using the form below – and good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
The competition is open to entrants from the UK only. The winner will be chosen at random after the competition closes – but see the full t&cs below.
Terms and Conditions of Giveaway
- Giveaway ends at midnight on Sunday 12th April (00:00 on 13th April)
- There are two prizes – which consist of two sets of both books “The Amazing Recycling Project Book” and “The Brilliant Recycling Project Book”.
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- This giveaway is limited to UK entrants aged 18 or over. If you enter from out of the UK, your entry will be deleted.
- By providing your information, you are providing your information to me and me alone. I do not share or sell information. I will use any information only for the purpose of contacting the Winner and will send the winners details to Welbeck Publishing Group, so that they can send the winning prize.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- The Winner will be contacted by email within 72 hours of the giveaway ending.
- If no response is received from the Winner within 72 hours of being contacted, a subsequent Winner may be selected.
- Finally, entry to this prize draw confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you have any additional questions, please contact me.
Disclaimer: I received these two books for the purposes of this review. But all thoughts and opinions are my own.
See more books at Welbeck Publishing here.
And see some of our other reviews