Some posts here on ARoseTintedWorld may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click a link and buy a product or register, then I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. I may also use products from the companies mentioned in these posts. Thank you for supporting my blog!
I don’t know about you, but TV really got me through lockdown with my sanity intact. Not long after lockdown started, Disney+ launched here in the U.K. With all the films on offer (and of course “The Mandelorian”) it was a no brainer to start watching more box sets. Pretty soon I was glued every night to series such as “The Umbrella Academy” and “Stranger Things”. But what to watch next? Sometimes it is hard to choose. And this book therefore will help me find my next favourite show. Indeed, it’s time to turn to “The Binge Watch Guide”.
#AD – gifted – We received “The Binge Watch Guide” book to review – but all opinions are our own
The Binge Watch Guide – Book Review And Giveaway
The Binge Watch Guide is a book devoted to the best streaming shows on the box today. Plan your next viewing marathon by reading overviews and ratings of the most gripping and popular programmes ever to be made.
Curated by media journalist Chris Roberts, “The Binge Watch Guide” recommends in detail over 100 of the best. Furthermore, each show is given a double page spread which details the major characters, the dates it ran and a short synopsis of major facts.
In conclusion from this you can realise whether the show is for you. And finally, with its easy to read and digest format it is easy to flick through and find something that suits.
Rediscover Old Favourites
Over the years there have been some amazing series created for TV. Many of these you may have forgotten. And this is where a book like “The Binge Watch Guide” really comes into its own.
Admittedly, I’d forgotten such classics as ‘Prime Suspect’ and ‘Battlestar Galactica’. Without a doubt this book made me want to go and revisit some of these old favourites.
But it also introduced me to some shows that I hadn’t previously considered watching, such as “House Of Cards” and ‘Spiral’.
It also suggested other shows you might like if you like this show. I loved “The Tudors”, and this book suggests “The Borgias” as a possible future binge watch.
Furthermore, right at the back of the book there are even more suggestions. As Chris says, some series have only just started. There are loads of series out there.
This book is all you need for for finding out which series you’ll want to binge watch next! What will you watch?
Fancy Winning This Book For Yourself?
Read on as you have a chance of winning one of these books for yourself!
It’s Time For A Giveaway!
The lovely people at Welbeck Publishing have offered one of my readers the chance to win one of the books featured above! You too could be finding out what to binge watch next! To be in with a chance to win, you enter using the form below. Good luck!
The competition is open to entrants from the UK only. The winner will be chosen at random after the competition closes – but see the full t&cs below.
Terms and Conditions of Giveaway
- Giveaway ends at midnight on 16th July 2020 (00:00 on 17th July)
- There is one prize only – which consists of a copy of “The Binge Watch Guide” rrp £8.99
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- This giveaway is limited to UK entrants aged 18 or over. If you enter from out of the UK, your entry will be deleted.
- By providing your information, you are providing your information to me and me alone. I do not share or sell information. I will use any information only for the purpose of contacting the Winner and will send the winners details to Welbeck Publishing Group, so that they can send the winning prize.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- The Winner will be contacted by email within 72 hours of the giveaway ending.
- If no response is received from the Winner within 72 hours of being contacted, a subsequent Winner may be selected.
- Finally, entry to this prize draw confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you have any additional questions, please contact me.
Disclaimer: I received this book for the purposes of this review. But all thoughts and opinions are my own.
See more books at Welbeck Publishing here.
And see some of our other reviews