Some posts here on ARoseTintedWorld may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click a link and buy a product or register, then I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. I may also use products from the companies mentioned in these posts. Thank you for supporting my blog!
Whether you are a fan of the Royal Family or not, it is hard to deny that the Queen of the U.K. is one of the most amazing people of all time. Queen Elizabeth II has been a constant throughout all my life. She has now been on the throne of Great Britain for 67 years. But how well do we really know her? Well, this book from Jennie Bond goes behind the scenes of her life through some of the most defining photographs of her reign.
It is an amazing book that would grace any coffee table or collection. And read on to find out how you can win a copy of this amazing book for yourself!
#AD – gifted – We received “Elizabeth – A Celebration In Photographs Of The Queen’s Life and Reign” book to review – but all opinions are our own.
Queen Elizabeth II Book Review And Giveaway
Queen Elizabeth II was just 25 when she became queen. But even before she became our monarch, she had been in the public eye for all her life.
This beautiful new book by Jennie Bond explores the very personal and very public life of the Queen throughout her life and reign.
She Was Not Destined To Be Queen At All
When she was born, she wasn’t expected to be the heir to the throne. Instead, she was born to the then Duke and Duchess of York, and only became heir presumptive due to the very unexpected abdication of her uncle, King Edward VIII.
The book takes us through her early war years, her romance with Prince Phillip, and her undertaking of public duties. Until the sad day when she found out during a foreign tour that her father had died and left her the heir to the throne.
Through the book we see stunning photographs of the early years of her children. And then the book guides us through the good times, her Silver Jubilee to the wedding of Charles and Diana.
Inevitably, the book also takes us through the sadder times. Firstly, the break up of two of her children’s marriages. And secondly the book obviously touches on the very sudden death of Diana in 1997. Unquestionably this affected the popularity of the Royal Family in the UK. And indeed this book discusses that.
Finally, the book looks towards the future, with the Queen’s current heirs, Charles and William. Where will the Royal Family be in the future?
This book has been written and compiled by Jennie Bond, who most of us remember as the BBC Royal Correspondent. She occupied that role for many years.
In her time as correspondent, Jennie had many occasions in which to chat and examine the Queen closely at work. Clearly, Jennie had many opportunities to see the Queen both home and abroad. So she has been in a perfect position to document her time in that unique role.
This resulting book is a candid and frank biography of one of the leading figures of the 20th and 21st century. And is filled with the most amazing photographs. It is sure to be an amazing addition to any royal lover’s collection.
Fancy Winning This Book For Yourself?
Read on as you have a chance of winning one of these books for yourself!
It’s Time For A Giveaway!
The lovely people at Welbeck Publishing have offered one of my readers the chance to win one of the books featured above! Hence you too could be seeing these pictures for yourself in my Queen Elizabeth II Book Review And Giveaway! To be in with a chance to win, you enter using the form below. Good luck!
The competition is open to entrants from the UK only. The winner will be chosen at random after the competition closes – but see the full t&cs below.
Terms and Conditions of Giveaway
- Giveaway ends at midnight on 30th July 2020 (00:00 on 31st July 2020)
- There is one prize only – which consists of a copy of “Elizabeth – A Celebration In Photographs Of The Queen’s Life and Reign” rrp £20
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- This giveaway is limited to UK entrants aged 18 or over. If you enter from out of the UK, your entry will be deleted.
- By providing your information, you are providing your information to me and me alone. I do not share or sell information. I will use any information only for the purpose of contacting the Winner and will send the winners details to Welbeck Publishing Group, so that they can send the winning prize.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- The Winner will be contacted by email within 72 hours of the giveaway ending.
- If no response is received from the Winner within 72 hours of being contacted, a subsequent Winner may be selected.
- Finally, entry to this prize draw confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you have any additional questions, please contact me.
Disclaimer: I received this book for the purposes of this review. But all thoughts and opinions are my own.
See more books at Welbeck Publishing here.
And see some of our other reviews