Some posts here on ARoseTintedWorld may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click a link and buy a product or register, then I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. I may also use products from the companies mentioned in these posts. Thank you for supporting my blog!
Does your little one love to read? Are you passionate about inspiring them to aim for the stars in life? Then today I am going to introduce you to a new set of books for children aged 3-8 that are all about empowering them to shoot for the moon. We were gifted a set of the Not Just A Princess books to review. Here is what we thought.
And do you fancy winning a set? Then read on to see how you could win a set for yourself!
*Disclaimer – this is an Ad-gifted post – we were kindly gifted these books to review by Gavin, the creator of the ‘Not Just A Princess’ series, but all opinions are our own. For more details see the Disclosure Policy page.
Not Just A Princess Books
I am a firm believer of empowering our children to dream big. When I was little, girls were definitely not encouraged to believe that they could break the glass ceiling and become powerful in business, science or sport. Unquestionably therefore, to find a set of books that champions girls being anything that they want to be is a wonderful thing to see.
The Not Just A Princess books follow Jade on her travels. Along with her trusty robot sidekick, Jade overcomes challenges, solves problems and meets some very cool people. Moreover she has some amazing adventures on the way.
Jade is a princess. And her father, The Kindly King, watches her with his Royal Telescope from afar. But it is always Jade’s ingenuity and her creative thinking that gets her out of scrapes and sees her emerge victorious. In conclusion, Jade is ‘not just a princess’.
Furthermore, she has a cool set of technology and tools to help see her through. She even has her own helicopter, and an ingenious way of getting to her amazing workshop where she keeps her technological creations.
We were sent a special Christmas boxset of books to read.
Jade’s Fan-tastic Athletic Adventure
In this book, Jade has to stop a storm from wrecking the swimming stadium and ruining the Special Olympics. She meets up with her hero Nora, who is competing in the games.
Will she succeed or will she be blown away?
Jade And The Temple Of Trouble
In this book, Jade is struggling to perfect a certain kung-fu move. Just as she is about to give up, she gets a distress call from her cousin Mimi, who is a famous archaeologist. Thus Jade has to go rescue her cousin. But will they make it in time?
Jade’s Secret Santa
In this book, Santa is too poorly to deliver the presents. Therefore he asked for Jade’s help. But Jade’s helicopter has been damaged by a snow storm. Whatever will they do?
The Not Just A Princess Colouring Book
Finally, we were sent a colouring book and a special set of stickers of all the characters from the books.
What Did We Think Of The Books?
Elizabeth loved the books. She loved hearing about all the gadgets and technology. Most importantly, she really enjoyed the stories, particularly the one about Santa.
The stories are a brilliant way of inspiring little ones to think about the world around them. As a result of all Jade’s adventures, the books sparked several conversations about different places in the world. Due to all the gadgets they also sparked scientific questions from my little one. My little girl loves princesses, but she absolutely got the premise of Jade being ‘not just a princess’. Without a doubt Elizabeth thinks that Jade is a really cool central character.
The Creator Of The Not Just A Princess Series
Gavin Leonard is the creative force behind the ‘Not Just A Princess’ series of books. When his daughter (who Jade is named for) was born, everyone commented on how she was so pretty she could be a model. Or how she could be a ballerina. But he thought how much better it would be if she were inspired to be a scientist, or an astronaut.
With this in mind he created a series of books with a strong girl as its central character. For all those out there who want to be inspired to dream big.
Would You Like To Win A Set Of These Books?
Gavin has kindly offered my readers the chance to win a special boxset of Not Just a Princess books that he is releasing this Christmas.
This bundle (which would normally cost 26 euros) includes 3 Not Just A Princess books, a colouring book and a set of Jade stickers.
Undoubtedly that’s a lovely gift for some one you know. On the other hand you could split it up for several people. One or more fewer Christmas presents to buy! To be in with a chance to win – enter using the form below. And good luck!
The competition is open to over 18 entrants from the UK only. The winner will be chosen at random after the competition closes – but see the full t&cs below.
Terms and Conditions of Giveaway
- Giveaway ends at midnight on 10th December 2020 (00:00 on 11/12/20)
- There is one prize only – which consists of the books listed above.
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- This giveaway is limited to UK entrants aged 18 or over. If you enter from out of the UK, your entry will be deleted.
- By providing your information, you are providing your information to me and me alone. I do not share or sell information.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- The Winner will be contacted by email within 72 hours of the giveaway ending.
- If no response is received from the Winner within 72 hours of being contacted, a subsequent Winner may be selected.
- Sadly, I cannot guarantee that these will reach you before Christmas. Even though the competition ends on 11th December, and I will post these out as fast as possible, postage times may vary due to the volume of post during the Christmas period. I do apologise if they do not reach the winner in time, but hope you understand.
- Finally, entry to this prize draw confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you have any additional questions, please contact me.
Do you think that your little one would like the Not Just A Princess books? I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment here, or holler at me over at my social media channels.
And please do pin this post for later