Some posts here on ARoseTintedWorld may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click a link and buy a product or register, then I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. I may also use products from the companies mentioned in these posts. Thank you for supporting my blog!
I have a sign in my bathroom that tells me to “enjoy the little things in life because one day you will look back and realise they were the big things”. It reminds me that it is often the little things that make me happy. Joan from In Pursuit Of Happiness challenged me further by asking me to share 50 things that make me happy. So here is my happy list.
My Happy List
I always find that the best thing to do if you are having a negative day is to remind yourself what you have to be grateful for. Lots of studies have shown that keeping a gratitude journal or even just listing 5 things each week that we are grateful for can have real benefits such as
- getting better sleep
- having less illness
- more happiness for both adults and children
Gratitude is a powerful emotion. It is even said that by feeling grateful, you change your whole frequency and attract more positivity into your life. So it cannot hurt to feel more grateful for the people and things around us!
By writing down how and why we felt this emotion we revisit a really positive image in our consciousness and subconscious. The upshot of this is that we get to feel the gratitude again. It also reminds us to look for more things in our life that we may have been taking for granted that we should feel incredibly grateful for.
So, what are the 50 things that make me glad on my happy list?
- My other half, Andrew. I am so grateful that he is part of my world. Of course he is at the top of my happy list!
- Elizabeth our little girl. At almost 3, she is a tiny terror at times. But she is such a star.
- My Mum. I am so happy that we are so close.
- My brother and his family. I have a niece that is not much older than Elizabeth and it makes me so happy to see them play together and chatter away.
- My Auntie, my mum’s sister. She has always been there for us growing up. I get a lot of my practical nature from her.
- My friends and the good times we have when we get together. I am very lucky to have such close friends.
- My cats Joy and Leo. They have been with me through some hard times and they are getting old. But they still give good purrs and cuddles.Cat purrs really do have healing properties!
- Watching Elizabeth cuddling my Mum. It makes me so happy when I see the love there. I think my Mum had given up on ever having grandchildren as I was 43 and my brother older before we had children. Now she has 2 granddaughters!
- Hearing Elizabeth laughing, especially if my niece is with her.
- It really is my therapy, so is a definite on my happy list.
- Hearing someone say “I Love You”, and most of all when my little girl says it to me.
- Dancing to music (especially around the house with my little girl)
- Singing loudly, either in the shower or in public.
- Clean and fresh bedding.
- Hearing Elizabeth sing a new rhyme she has learnt.
- Exploring a historic place.
- Watching friends and family open a present.
- Watching the wonder and enjoyment in Elizabeth’s eyes at something new.
- The first coffee of the day.
- Going for a long walk
- A full night’s sleep
- A good cuddle. Especially with those I love the most.
- Warm baked goods straight from the oven. Be it bread pie or cupcake.
Chocolate. Cadbury over Galaxy. And both over Mars. I defy anyone who thinks otherwise!
- Listening to the sea lapping on the shore. And its smell.
- The scent of lemons. Particularly as a perfume.
- Hunting for conkers and different coloured leaves, which we are doing a lot this Autumn
- Comfortable slippers.
- A new notebook.
- Most types of music. But especially musical theatre. I love a show tune!
- A good book.
- A cold glass of Sauvignon Blanc.
- Freshly painted nails, fingers or toes.
- A full Sunday dinner, especially if I don’t have to cook it or wash up afterwards!
- Crafting and making things, but especially with Elizabeth
- A good car boot sale, the bigger the better.
- Memories of singing. Especially one memory of singing at Huddersfield Town Hall.
- Having a clean and tidy house.
- Most Disney films.
- Watching thunder, lightning and a rainstorm through the window whilst laying on the bed.
- Christmas, and all the traditions we have in the lead up to the day. It is far more magical now there are children.
- The smell of PlayDoh.
- A Clean and tidy house.
- Hot chocolate, a blanket and a good film on the TV
- The clean feeling you have when you have just had a shower. And most of all when you are getting ready for a night on the town!
- Scented candles and burners.
- Roses. Be they in the garden or freshly cut.
- Reading positive quotes . Some people don’t like them, but they work for me.
What would be on your Happy List?
I would really love to know yours. At the end of the day the world need more happiness.
Do comment below or contact me on social media.
Have you enjoyed my Happy List? Why not read my particular list for Autumn?