Some posts here on ARoseTintedWorld may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click a link and buy a product or register, then I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. I may also use products from the companies mentioned in these posts. Thank you for supporting my blog!
We all want to improve our rankings, right? I read in this recent Neil Patel Blog that high quality comments still matter. And that there is still some value in commenting on high quality blogs. But then he also talks about the CommentLuv plugin and how it may be a good way of getting a backlink to your blog. If you google CommentLuv Blogs, there are many articles that rank highly that claim to list ‘100s’ and ‘1000s’. But sadly a lot of these are old posts that have not been updated recently.The list of CommentLuv blogs they contain
- aren’t recent – some haven’t been used for over a year
- some even have been deleted
- and some of the blogs listed don’t even have the plugin any more!
So here is my own list of blogs that is current, tried and tested. A lot of these blogs aren’t on any previous lists, as I have come across them personally whilst searching for interesting articles to read.
List of CommentLuv Blogs – That Are Current and Work!
Before I start I do want to say, a lot of people have commented to me that they thought that the CommentLuv plugin had had its day, and that it was even regarded as a security risk a few years back.
Actually, the latest update of the plugin was 2 months ago, so I cannot see why this should still be the case. If you did want to use it though, I would suggest deleting the old plugin and reinstalling the new version.
If you notice, I have the CommentLuv plugin down at the bottom of my blog comments. I put it on there as my understanding was that it it does give a little back to the person who has taken the time to provide one of my posts with a relevant and useful comment. I love that this plugin may give a little back.
But This Is Important To Note
I have the Akismet Plugin on my blog to prevent spam. I vet ALL my comments before publishing. To keep my blog comments free of rogue links and rubbish. Only helpful useful comments need apply.
In asking other bloggers, a lot have commented that they don’t want spamming while using the plugin. Actually, by moderating all my comments and using an anti spam plugin I think this bypasses that issue. I get very little spam, and the spam I do get is easily trashed. It is usually very easy to spot a spam comment and trash it.
So you are inviting comments by having CommentLuv, yet fully in charge of which ones you publish.
Do also bear this in mind when commenting on any blog. It just is rude to try to place a comment to try to rank, but I am seeing it so often. It is actually best practice only to comment on your own niche and stay in your own expertise. As by trying to get backlinks from blogs out of your niche may actually harm your SEO. The way I understand it, Google gets confused, wondering what your site is about when crawling your backlinks.
My list, therefore, has also listed the niche of the blog concerned as a helpful aide.
My suggested rules for commenting (whatever the blog):
- Keep it relevant to the blog article you are commenting on. (P.S. It is obvious if you haven’t!)
- Write something useful in response. Ask a relevant question, or give another helpful tip.
- Write more than ‘great post’. In fact write more than a few words. But posting 200 words is probably going too far.
- My own personal jury is out with the adding of a link in the comment box. I have done it and had people comment this way on my blog. Personally I think it’s a bit spammy. Do let me know what you think.
Over the last 18 months I have joined a lot of link parties and found a lot of these blogs containing CommentLuv whilst building my links with fellow bloggers. I do see blogging as a community. Building relationships with other bloggers is so important. Please do not spam these people, but use this list to find some of the blogs that I have come to respect.
A Massive List of Blogs That Use CommentLuv
- ARoseTintedWorld.co.uk – DA 23 – my own blog of parenting, lifestyle and craft niches
- CreateAndBabble.com – DA 51 – craft niche
- Craft-O-Maniac – DA 52 – craft niche
- KimGarst.com – DA 53 – blogging niche
- DearCreatives.com – DA 44 – craft niche
- SerenityYou.com – DA 44 – parenting and lifestyle niche
- MyPinterventures– DA 44 – craft, food and family niche
- MostlyBlogging.com– DA 43 – blogging niche
- TechTricksWorld.com – DA 48 – technology niche
- TheWonderOfTech.com – DA 48 – technology niche
- GrowMap.com – DA 48 – business and blogging niche
- TechPatio.com – DA 43 – technology and blogging niche
- HeartOfBusiness.com – DA 39 – business and blogging niche
- EnstineMuki.com – DA 41 – blogging niche
- Phill.Blog – DA 21 – blogging niche
- EmmysMummy.com -DA 43 – parenting niche
- MyFamilyFever.co.uk – DA 37 – parenting and lifestyle niche
- TheDedicatedHouse.com – DA 33 – home and lifestyle niche
- RaisieBay.com – DA 33 – a lifestyle niche
- ImJustSharing.com – DA 33 – motivation, writing and general ‘stuff’ blog ( In Mitch’s own words!)
- ShootingStarsMag.net – DA 32 – books, blogging and reading niche
- infobunny.com – DA 35 – blogging and social media niche
- JoanneDewberry.co.uk – DA 37 small business, lifestyle and blogging niche
- AnyWayToStay.com – DA 34 – parenting and lifestyle niche
- MoneyGossips.com – DA 31 – Money and business niche
- PVAriel.com – DA 37 – blogging niche
- TechiezLounge – DA 37 – technology niche
- AutumnsMummyBlog.com – DA 31 – parenting niche
- QueerLittleFamily.co.uk– DA 29 – parenting, LGBTQ and lifestyle niche.
- DailyMorningCoffee.com – DA29 – parenting, tech – a little bit of everything niche
- DigitalDimensions4U.com – DA 29 – technology, social media and blogging niche
- MeAndBMakeTea.com – DA 35 – parenting, travel and blogging niche
- FaeriesAndFauna.com – DA 35 – craft,DIY blog niche
- MidwifeAndLife.com – DA 37 – a parenting, pregnancy, birth and lifestyle niche
- ExperiencedBadMom.com – DA 26 – parenting niche
- DebsRandomWritings – DA 27 – life, people and places niche
- KindnessCompassionAndCoaching.com – DA 23 – a kind, mindful and spiritual blog niche
- RobinJEmdon.com – DA 19 – life coaching and business niche
- HealthFundaa,com – DA 22 – health blog niche
- EWebTip.com – DA 23 – blogging and technology niche
- TechCloud.in – DA 28 – blogging and technology niche
- MrsMummyHarris.com – DA 27 – parenting and lifestyle niche
- Kreanimo.com – DA 27 – a Dutch craft and parenting blog – I found this through craft link ups
- CostEffectiveSeo.com – DA 26 – a website and blogging niche
- GeekWorldNews.org– DA 22 – a blogging and technology niche
- MotherOfTeenagers.com – DA 21 – lifestyle niche
- ErikaMohssenBeyk.com – DA 20 – a body, mind and fitness niche
- NipItInTheBud.co.uk – DA 12 – a parenting, food, growing and crafting niche
- MumOnABudget.co.uk – DA 20 – a parenting, lifestyle and wellbeing niche
- AllThatLifeStuff.com – DA 11 – a lifestyle and health blog.
Please Use This List Responsibly
Again, this list has been a long time curating. Please do go read these great blogs, but comment using the rules above. I hope you find some great articles of interest.
I will try to keep this list updated and add to it from time to time as I find new blogs with the plug-in.
Have a blog with CommentLuv to add to the list? Have any questions or tips? Do comment or find me on social media.
And please do pin this post for later.