Some posts here on ARoseTintedWorld may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click a link and buy a product or register, then I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. I may also use products from the companies mentioned in these posts. Thank you for supporting my blog!
We all want to improve our rankings, right? I read in this recent Neil Patel Blog that high quality comments still matter. And that there is still some value in commenting on high quality blogs within your niche. But then he also talks about the CommentLuv plugin and how it may be a good way of getting a backlink to your blog. If you google ‘CommentLuv Blogs’, there are many articles that rank highly that claim to list ‘100s’ and ‘1000s’. But sadly a lot of these are old posts that have not been updated recently. The list of CommentLuv blogs they contain
- aren’t recent – some haven’t been used for years
- some have even been deleted!
- and some of the blogs listed don’t even have the plugin any more!
So here is my own list of blogs that is current, tried and tested. A lot of these blogs aren’t on any previous lists, as I have come across them personally whilst searching for interesting articles to read.
*This post has been updated – it was originally published in January 2020
List of CommentLuv Blogs – That Are Current and Work!
If you want to boost your blog’s DA then one way to get backlinks is by leaving comments on a blog that uses the CommentLuv plugin.
What Is CommentLuv?
CommentLuv is a plugin for blogs that allows people who comment on your posts to add a link to one of their own posts.
But is it a do-follow link? No. Not always.
Some blogs do have do-follow CommentLuv, but these are quite few and far between. Blog owners have to set the comments from CommentLuv to be ‘follow’ links, and many do not do this.
You may need to be a registered user of the blog with the CommentLuv, and may need to comment on these blogs several times before you get accepted to be given a do-follow link. That ensures that spammers are discouraged.
So Why Use The Plug-In?
So, you may ask, why even bother with the plug in if you aren’t getting or giving a do-follow link?
When you comment on another person’s blog, you should already be getting a no-follow link back from that blog to yours anyway.
But the plug-in goes that little bit further by letting you add a link to the comment that you make. If you comment on a CommentLuv blog, you usually get to choose from a list of the last 10 posts on your site. This means that you can add some extra value to your comment. You may even be able to link an article from your own blog that complements the host’s post perfectly!
And personally, I do think that if you are commenting on a blog and making a relevant point on the blog, then adding a relevant link to your own article can be a really useful thing to do.
For instance, as a sewing blogger, if I found a craft blog with CommentLuv who had posted an article about zero waste sewing, I could perhaps choose to link one of my own recent articles about zero waste sewing with my comment. As well as making a pertinent point, I would also be adding relevant content to their blog, and may even drive traffic and new subscribers to my own blog!
In this way, I do think that the plugin even with a no-follow link is still very relevant. And commenting on blogs within your niche is still very good for your rankings.
And – you don’t need to have the CommentLuv plugin yourself to comment on a blog which has the CommentLuv plugin.
But This Is Important To Note
I have the Akismet Plugin on my blog to prevent spam. I vet ALL my comments before publishing. To keep my blog comments free of rogue links and rubbish. Only helpful useful comments need apply.
In asking other bloggers, a lot have commented that they don’t want spamming while using the plugin. Actually, by moderating all my comments and using an anti spam plugin I think this bypasses that issue. I get very little spam, and the spam I do get is easily trashed. It is usually very easy to spot a spam comment and trash it.
So even if you are inviting comments by having CommentLuv, you are fully in charge of which ones you publish.
Do also bear this in mind when commenting on any blog. It just is rude to try to place a comment to try to rank, but I am seeing it so often.
It is actually best practice only to comment on your own niche and stay in your own expertise.
Trying to get backlinks from blogs out of your niche may actually harm your SEO. The way I understand it, Google gets confused, wondering what your site is about when crawling your backlinks.
My list, therefore, has also listed the niche of the blog concerned as a helpful aide.
My suggested rules for commenting (whatever the blog):
- Keep it relevant to the blog article you are commenting on. (P.S. It is obvious if you haven’t!)
- Write something useful in response. Ask a relevant question, or give another helpful tip.
- Write more than ‘great post’. In fact write more than a few words. But posting 200 words is probably going too far.
- My own personal jury is out with the adding of a link in the comment box. I have had people comment this way on my blog. Personally I think it’s a bit spammy. Do let me know what you think.
Over the last 18 months I have joined a lot of link parties and found a lot of these blogs containing CommentLuv whilst building my links with fellow bloggers. I do see blogging as a community. Building relationships with other bloggers is so important. Please do not spam these people, but use this list to find some of the blogs that I have come to respect.
A Massive List of Blogs That Use CommentLuv
- CreateAndBabble.com – DA 51 – craft niche
- Craft-O-Maniac – DA 52 – craft niche
- DearCreatives.com – DA 44 – craft niche
- MyPinterventures– DA 44 – craft, food and family niche
- FaeriesAndFauna.com – DA 35 – craft,DIY blog niche
- MyFrenchTwist.com – DA 34 – craft and sewing niche
- Kreanimo.com – DA 27 – a Dutch craft and parenting blog
Blogging Tips Niche
- KimGarst.com – DA 53 – blogging niche
- MostlyBlogging.com– DA 43 – blogging niche
- PVAriel.com – DA 37 – blogging niche
- WebmasterSuccess.com – DA 33 – blogging niche
- LearnWebskills101.com – DA 16 – website and blogging niche
- DigitalDimensions4U.com – DA 29 – technology, social media and blogging niche
- GrowMap.com – DA 48 – business and blogging niche
- EWebTip.com – DA 23 – blogging and technology niche
- TechCloud.in – DA 28 – blogging and technology niche
- MyBlogMyBusiness.com – DA 23 – blogging tips niche
- BloggingShout.com – DA 20 – blogging tips niche
- infobunny.com – DA 35 – blogging and social media niche
- FavouriteHobbies.com – DA 17 – blogging niche
- EmmysMummy.com -DA 43 – parenting niche
- MyFamilyFever.co.uk – DA 37 – parenting and lifestyle niche
- FiveLittleDoves.com – DA 36 – parenting niche
- AutumnsMummyBlog.com – DA 31 – parenting niche
- QueerLittleFamily.co.uk– DA 29 – parenting, LGBTQ and lifestyle niche.
- DailyMorningCoffee.com – DA29 – parenting, tech – a little bit of everything niche
- MeAndBMakeTea.com – DA 35 – parenting, travel and blogging niche
- SerenityYou.com – DA 44 – parenting and lifestyle niche
- MidwifeAndLife.com – DA 37 – a parenting, pregnancy, birth and lifestyle niche
- ExperiencedBadMom.com – DA 26 – parenting niche
- StaposThriftyLifeHacks.co.uk – DA 17 – parenting, money saving and lifestyle niche
- NipItInTheBud.co.uk – DA 12 – a parenting, food, growing and crafting niche
- MumOnABudget.co.uk – DA 20 – a parenting, lifestyle and wellbeing niche
- MrsMummyHarris.com – DA 27 – parenting and lifestyle niche
- AnyWayToStay.com – DA 34 – parenting and lifestyle niche
- TechTricksWorld.com – DA 48 – technology niche
- TheWonderOfTech.com – DA 48 – technology niche
- TechPatio.com – DA 43 – technology and blogging niche
- TechiezLounge – DA 37 – technology niche
- HeartOfBusiness.com – DA 39 – business and blogging niche
- JoanneDewberry.co.uk – DA 37 small business, lifestyle and blogging niche
- SylvianeNuccio.com – DA 34 business and coaching niche
- MoneyGossips.com – DA 31 – Money and business niche
- SmallBusinessesDoItBetter.com – DA 34 – Business niche
- HealthFundaa,com – DA 22 – health blog niche
- ErikaMohssenBeyk.com – DA 20 – a body, mind and fitness niche
- KindnessCompassionAnd Coaching.com – DA 23 – a mindfulness, spiritual and health blog
- TestingTimeBlog.com – DA 16 – Health, lifestyle, disability and beauty niche
- MakeUpMuddle.com – DA 17 – Makeup and lifestyle niche
- PrettyCore.com – DA 13 – Beauty, lifestyle and alternative blog niche
- WotawomanDiary.co.uk – DA 20 – Beauty, fashion and lifestyle niche
Books and Reading Niche
- CoffeeandBooks.co.uk – DA 13 – Reading and book reviews niche
- ShootingStarsMag.net – DA 32 – books, blogging and reading niche
- CookStyle.co.uk – DA 16 – Cookery and food blog niche
More General Lifestyle Niche
- BusyBudgeter.com – DA 52 – budgeting and parenting niche
- TheDedicatedHouse.com – DA 33 – home and lifestyle niche
- MiriamSlozberg.com – DA 31 – lifestyle and writing niche
- RaisieBay.com – DA 33 – a lifestyle niche
- ImJustSharing.com – DA 33 – motivation, writing and general ‘stuff’ blog ( In Mitch’s own words!)
- DebsRandomWritings.com – DA 27 – life, people and places niche
- Anca’sLifestyle.co.uk – DA 21 – lifestyle niche
Please Use This List Responsibly
Again, this list has been a long time curating. Please do go read these great blogs, but comment using the rules above. I hope you find some great articles of interest.
I will try to keep this list updated and add to it from time to time as I find new blogs with the plug-in.
Have a blog with CommentLuv to add to the list? Have any questions or tips? Do comment or find me on social media.
And please do pin this post for later.