Some posts here on ARoseTintedWorld may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click a link and buy a product or register, then I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. I may also use products from the companies mentioned in these posts. Thank you for supporting my blog!
Mother’s Day and Easter are very close on the horizon. And to me nothing says ‘I Love You’ more than a special piece of jewellery. So we were delighted this week to be asked to review a Jana Reinhardt hummingbird necklace, and tell you why this small bespoke jewellery studio is the perfect place to look for that perfect special gift. Plus – read on to see how you can win one for yourself!
#AD – gifted – We received a silver Jana Reinhardt Hummingbird necklace to review.
Jana Reinhardt Hummingbird Necklace – Our Review And Giveaway
How Jana Reinhardt Bespoke Jewellery Began
Jana was born in the D.D.R. (The former East Germany) in 1978, and hails from a long line of craftspeople. She founded her own studio in 2006, and was soon joined by her husband Ross, who is also a goldsmith.
A lot of Jana Reinhardt jewellery pieces are inspired by the natural world. But they love to make custom pieces, and often do unusual commissions. Lastly, they also specialise in ethical one-of-a-kind commissions, using recycled or Fair Mined gold. And this is so important.
The Company Ethos of Sustainability
If you read my blog regularly, you will know that I am large fan of sustainability in any business. I have already spoken on sustainability in jewellery. And Jana Reinhardt has firmly embraced this in their studio.
It is very important to them that they minimise any negative effects that their business has upon the planet. Because their jewellery is not mass produced and is bespoke, they have a very low carbon footprint. Their tradition methods of wax carving and fabrication instead of using machines is much better for the environment.
They are experts at upcycling old jewellery pieces, refashioning them into contemporary pieces. And as another plus, up to 45% of the gold and silver they use in their new jewellery pieces come from recycled sources.
Finally, the majority of their packaging materials are recyclable. Which was lovely to see when I received my own gorgeous necklace to review.
Our Hummingbird Necklace
The detail on the piece is just stunning. It is subtle yet classic, making it a perfect piece of jewellery for everyday wear. Although it is small and delicate, the craftsmanship and quality is totally divine.
Hummingbirds are said to represent both joy coming into your life and resilience. So this message resonates perfectly with this gift being for a mum.
The bird feature is fixed onto the chain, so no losing the pendant off the chain when you take the piece on and off. And I love the fact that the chain is adjustable. I prefer to wear a necklace further down my décolletage, and this sat perfectly in the longer chain position.
I can truly see myself wearing this necklace everyday. And love the message it brings to stay resilient in the face of the challenges ahead.
Please do go check out their website at www.janareinhardt.com
Fancy Winning Your Own Hummingbird Necklace?
I am sure that you agree that this is a wonderful piece of jewellery, from a lovely small business. So I am so happy that Jana Reinhardt have given me the opportunity to also run a giveaway.
Read on as you have a chance of winning a Jana Reinhardt hummingbird necklace like the one above for yourself!
It’s Time For A Giveaway!
Jana Reinhardt have offered one of my readers the chance to win one of these gorgeous hummingbird necklaces worth £89.00! To be in with a chance to win, you enter using the form below – and good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
The competition is open to entrants from the UK only. The winner will be chosen at random after the competition closes – but see the full t&cs below.
Terms and Conditions of Giveaway
- Giveaway ends at midnight on 27th March 2020 (00:00 on 28th March)
- There is one prize only – which consists of a Jana Reinhardt hummingbird necklace.
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- This giveaway is limited to UK entrants aged 18 or over. If you enter from out of the UK, your entry will be deleted.
- By providing your information, you are providing your information to me and me alone. I do not share or sell information. I will use any information only for the purpose of contacting the Winner and will send the winners details to Jana Reinhardt, so that they can send the winning prize.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- The Winner will be contacted by email within 72 hours of the giveaway ending.
- If no response is received from the Winner within 72 hours of being contacted, a subsequent Winner may be selected.
- Finally, entry to this prize draw confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you have any additional questions, please contact me.
Disclaimer: I received a silver hummingbird necklace for the purposes of this review. But all thoughts and opinions are my own.
And see some of our other reviews