Some posts here on ARoseTintedWorld may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click a link and buy a product or register, then I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. I may also use products from the companies mentioned in these posts. Thank you for supporting my blog!
My blog regularly touches on some of the swaps that I am making to become more sustainable. So when I was offered these books to review by Welbeck Publishing I was very happy to find some more tips on how to go waste and plastic free as a busy mum.
#AD – gifted – We received the “How To Go Waste Free” and “How To Go Plastic Free” books to review.
How To Go Waste And Plastic Free – Book Review And Giveaway
These two books by Caroline Jones each contain 100 snappy tips on how to make small changes in your life that will make quite a big different to the environment.
How To Go Plastic Free
In the last 100 years, our use of plastic has rocketed. We have become addicted to using this material, but in recent years have started to realise how catastrophic our consumption has become. Undoubtedly we need to change our habits. But how can we break this addictive cycle?
“How To Go Plastic Free” gives some practical and easy to implement tips on reducing how much plastic you use. It does discuss the different types of plastic out there, and whether they can be recycled. In cases where the plastic cannot be recycled, the book has some great ideas for how to upcycle these items instead.
From saying no to single use plastics such as plastic straws, and using reusable cleaning cloths over plastic sponges, this book is full of easy ideas on going plastic free. I found some amazing new ideas to try myself!
How To Go Waste Free
As Earth’s population explodes, so has the question of how much waste we are producing as a planet. Sadly, humankind produces over 2 billion tonnes of waste every year, which either goes to landfill, gets incinerated, or gets dumped into the oceans. Consequently, this is having a calamitous effect on the environment. So what do we do to go more zero waste?
“How To Go Waste Free” gives some great ideas on how to dramatically reduce the amount of rubbish that your home produces each week.
As well as discussing the 5 Rs of a zero waste lifestyle
- Recycle and
the book shows us very easy ways to do all these things in practice. A lot of these I have touched on in my blog, such as giving experiences instead of things as gifts, using reusable sanitary products, or using up old veg by composting or fermenting them. But it was lovely to find out even more ways to reduce waste.
Ultimately, we can all do a little more to try and be a bit more ecologically sound. Every little helps, and if we all do our bit, we may be able to prevent more climate change from happening. Because of these books, you can find some simple changes to easily make that will help.
Fancy Winning A Set of These Books For Yourself?
Read on as you have a chance of winning a set of both books for yourself!
It’s Time For A Giveaway!
The lovely people at Welbeck Publishing have offered one of my readers the chance to win one the two books featured above! You too could be finding out how to go more waste and plastic free! To be in with a chance to win, you enter using the form below – and good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
The competition is open to entrants from the UK only. The winner will be chosen at random after the competition closes – but see the full t&cs below.
Terms and Conditions of Giveaway
- Giveaway ends at midnight on 12th March (00:00 13/3/20)
- There is one prize only – which consists of the two books “How To Go Waste Free” and “How To Go Plastic Free”.
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- This giveaway is limited to UK entrants aged 18 or over. If you enter from out of the UK, your entry will be deleted.
- By providing your information, you are providing your information to me and me alone. I do not share or sell information. I will use any information only for the purpose of contacting the Winner and will send the winners details to Welbeck Publishing Group, so that they can send the winning prize.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- The Winner will be contacted by email within 72 hours of the giveaway ending.
- If no response is received from the Winner within 72 hours of being contacted, a subsequent Winner may be selected.
- Finally, entry to this prize draw confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you have any additional questions, please contact me.
Disclaimer: I received these two books for the purposes of this review. But all thoughts and opinions are my own.
See more books at Welbeck Publishing here.
And see some of our other reviews