Some posts here on ARoseTintedWorld may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click a link and buy a product or register, then I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. I may also use products from the companies mentioned in these posts. Thank you for supporting my blog!
Have you ever been to an escape room attraction? They are a brilliantly fun way to spend an afternoon. But like most hospitality venues, they have been closed recently. So I was delighted when the guys at Epic Escapes Games offered me one of their 3-in-1 Escape Room In A Box games to review.
Can an at home game recreate the escape room experience? Read on to see what I thought.
And do you like the sound of this? Well, at the end of this review you can get the chance to win one of these boxes for yourself!
*Ad – we were sent an Epic Escapes Games 3-in-1 Escape Room in a box to review for the purpose of this post. This review is our honest opinion. For more details see the Disclosure Policy
Escape Room In A Box From Epic Escapes Games – Our Review And Giveaway
How do you like the sound of hosting your own escape room adventure right in the comfort of your own living room? Well you can do just that with the Escape Room In A Box 3-in-1 from Epic Escapes Games.
Made for 3-6 players, with one person acting as the games master, you and your friends can puzzle, argue and have fun trying to work out the puzzles in order to unlock the room and get out in the given time.
Each box contains 3 different puzzle folders, with hint cards, puzzles, locks and boxes with which to create each escape scenario. The scenarios tell different stories and they vary in difficulty, from the tough to the fiendishly difficult. Though they do have something for everyone to solve, it is suggested that participants be over 16 years old.
This 3 game box retails at £99.
What Did We Think?
We played the easiest of the scenarios – CRIME. My first impression on opening up the box was just how well made and precise all the hardware looked, and it was pretty self explanatory how to set up the room for an escape. Setting up took just over half an hour, and then it took about an hour to play.
It was a lot of fun. The puzzles and hints to solve the room are all professionally printed and really do set the scene so well. Some of the puzzles were pretty simple, but others were really clever and took some proper thinking through.
We played it in our living room, but I am sure it could even be set up in an outdoor situation such as a garden too on a nice evening. Which makes it a great way to spend a great socially distanced time together with friends and family right now. It’s certainly a great alternative to board games or murder mystery parties. I can’t wait to try the harder scenarios.
Do You Like Puzzles?
The games in the box can be played over and over, though you may only be personally able to play them yourself once. But in addition to this base set, Epic Escapes Games are planing on releasing an expansion pack to this 3 part set later this year.
If you’d like to hear more about when this will be released, then do go over and sign up to their mailing list. As well as hearing all their news, you’ll get advanced notice of when the expansion is released. Plus they also send out brainteasers and further chances to win this set for yourself!
Epic Escapes Games Are Kindly Letting Me Do A Giveaway!
Furthermore, Epic Escapes Games have kindly offered my readers the chance to win the Escape Room In A Box set that I have featured above! You can win this set worth £99 ! To be in with a chance to win, enter using the form below. And good luck!
The competition is open to entrants over 18yrs from the UK only. The winner will be chosen at random after the competition closes – but see the full t&cs below.
Terms and Conditions of Giveaway
- Giveaway ends at midnight on 13th May 2021 (00:00 on 14/5/21)
- There is one prize only – which consists of one Escape Room In A Box 3-in-1 worth £99 as reviewed above.
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- This giveaway is limited to UK entrants aged 18 or over. If you enter from out of the UK, your entry will be deleted.
- By providing your information, you are providing your information to me and me alone. I do not share or sell information. I will pass the winner’s information on to Epic Escape Games for them to send your prize.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- The Winner will be contacted within 72 hours of the giveaway ending. I will contact the winner by email, but may also use direct messaging on Twitter or Instagram. Please note – this messaging will only be from my official account. If any other account tries to contact you, do not respond or give any personal details.
- If no response is received from the Winner within 30 days of being contacted, a subsequent Winner may be selected.
- Finally, entry to this prize draw confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you have any additional questions, please contact me.
Do you like the sound of this set of games? I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment here, or holler at me over at my social media channels.
And please do pin this post for later