Some posts here on ARoseTintedWorld may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click a link and buy a product or register, then I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. I may also use products from the companies mentioned in these posts. Thank you for supporting my blog!
- Earth Breeze Review & Giveaway - A Zero Waste Eco Detergent?
- Who Are Earth Breeze?
- My First Impressions Of The Earth Breeze Laundry Detergent Sheets
- How Well Did The Earth Breeze Eco Laundry Detergent Work?
- How Zero Waste And Eco Friendly Are Earth Breeze Sheets?
- How Much Does Earth Breeze Detergent Cost? Would I Buy Them?Can I Get A Free Sample?
- My Conclusions On Earth Breeze Detergent
- And Now It's Time For A Giveaway!
Cleaning your clothes with traditional washing powders or liquids ends up wasting a ridiculous amount of plastic. In fact millions of tonnes of plastic waste is created by all the plastic laundry liquid bottles that we use across the world each year.
But Earth Breeze are aiming to stop all this. They have developed a laundry system that they claim is about as zero waste as you can get.
Who Are Earth Breeze?
Earth Breeze is an American brand, but they have now got a UK warehouse and are spending their message in the UK! They aim to provide a brilliant wash without all the nasty ingredients or plastic. Their products claim to clean laundry with no plastic jugs.
Their website states that they truly care. And they achieve this by their
- plastic free packaging – it’s space saving too!
- cruelty free ethos – the product is vegan and animal friendly
- powerful clean – this eco friendly laundry detergent cleans away tough stains and odours
- being safe for even the most sensitive baby skin.
Plus they donate 10 loads of detergent for every package bought, partner with We Are Neutral to offset their carbon footprint and are a member of 1% For The Planet – which means that they aim to put planet before profit. Their overall aim is to empower all of the people in their team and community. Or how they put it ‘saving the planet one laundry load at a time’.
My First Impressions Of The Earth Breeze Laundry Detergent Sheets
My Earth Breeze laundry strips arrived in a plain paper envelope, and needed very little in the way of packaging. The whole package wasn’t much larger than an A5 notebook, and really light.
There are two scents in the range of eco sheets, and these are
- Fragrance Free and
- Fresh Scent.
I have incredibly sensitive skin, and though Earth Breeze say that their Fresh Scent fragrance is also hypoallergenic, I decided to ask for a pack of the Fragrance Free sheets to review.
The pack contained 30 sheets of what initially looks like paper, but is actually very thinly pressed dehydrated detergent sheets. This is enough for 60 loads of laundry, which sounds amazing when you look at this in a size comparison to your usual detergent product!
I am old enough to remember soap flakes and hand washing soap books, and these detergent sheets had a very similar feel. I was very keen to see if they worked…
How Well Did The Earth Breeze Eco Laundry Detergent Work?
Firstly and most importantly, a standard load of laundry only needs half of one of the sheets provided. The sheets are easily ripped in half, but I did wonder why they just didn’t make them half the size?
I actually had a massive load of sheets and towels and so used a whole sheet for my first load, folding it and placing it into the machine drawer as instructed.
When I took my clothes out they certainly felt clean, and maybe even slightly softer than my normal non-bio would leave them. (Again, because of my skin sensitivity I tend not to use fabric softener in my wash loads.)
They had no scent, but this is because I had chosen the fragrance free. To be honest, my usual detergent has very little scent compared to some of the detergents my friends use, which are probably biological washing powders and liquids.
I’ve done several loads with the sheets at the time of writing, and used half a sheet since. And I am actually very happy with the way that the sheets worked. I am amazed at how convenient they are. And obviously the packaging is miles smaller than what I am used to.
You can also do hand washing with the sheets. I just tore a quarter of a sheet and dissolved it in the water before hand washing my clothes as I usually would.
How Zero Waste And Eco Friendly Are Earth Breeze Sheets?
I actually looked at other Earth Breeze sheets reviews before writing this post. And particularly those reviewers who really know their stuff about being eco friendly. Very few of them gave the product 5 stars for being eco friendly, and some claim that some of the ingredients listed are dubious…so I thought that I would take all their points when thinking about buying these for myself.
Are The Laundry Sheets Eco Friendly?
The laundry sheets themselves do contain PVA and polyethylene glycol, neither of which is natural, and the glycol is a derivative of petroleum. However other than that they are as paraben, chlorine, bleach, phthalate and phosphate free as they claim to be.
My response to anyone questioning the chemicals in these sheets? How many chemicals do you think are in your usual washing detergent?
You could claim that using soap nuts or horse chestnut soap is a viable zero waste alternative to standard laundry liquid. But soap nuts are transported halfway around the world in some cases, so can hardly be claimed to have no carbon footprint.
Some of the reviews I read also commented on how the ingredients are sourced or shipped. Apparently some of the materials are ethically sourced in Asia and transported to where the sheets are manufactured in the UK and USA.
Overall, I guess that it would be hard for any product to claim to have zero carbon footprint these days. But I do think that Earth Breeze are trying to make their sheets as eco friendly as a detergent can be.
Is The Packaging Eco Friendly?
Definitely. The paper packaging is compostable, and biodegrades in about 3 months. As compared to a plastic bottle that can take up to a 1000 years!
If you offset the use of plastic reduction by using these sheets as opposed to even buying bulk plastic bottles of detergent, then there is a massive saving there. I think if you are using a standard washing liquid or powder, then switching to Earth Breeze is quite definitely an eco alternative.
Are The Sheets Hypoallergenic?
I have certainly found them to be sensitive skin friendly.
How Much Does Earth Breeze Detergent Cost? Would I Buy Them?Can I Get A Free Sample?
You can buy a pack that covers 40 loads for £15 over on the Earth Breeze website. (affiliate link)
Alternatively you can save 40% of the one-time purchase cost by choosing their subscription service.
The subscription will cost you £9 and you can choose to have your eco sheet pack (washes up to 40 load) delivered every 1, 2 or 3 months.
It is free delivery with all orders.
Finally, Earth Breeze do not offer the customer free samples. However, they do offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Get your money back if you are not happy.
My Conclusions On Earth Breeze Detergent
So there is my Earth Breeze review. What did I think overall?
I think these are a brilliant alternative to your standard washing detergent liquids and powders. The sheets do a great job and are easy to use and store.
Earth Breeze as a business also aim to offset all their carbon footprint and take part in good environmental initiatives, such as tree planting and beach clean ups. So I really do think they are doing a great job on being as eco friendly as it is possible to be.
Why don’t you try them today? Go visit the Earth Breeze website. (affiliate link)
And Now It’s Time For A Giveaway!
Would you like to try this plastic free laundry detergent? Well you can win your own pack, as the Earth Breeze team have offered the chance to win either a Fresh Scent pack OR a Fragrance Free pack . Each of these packs has enough sheets for 60 loads of your own. So you can try them for yourself before you purchase more. Which one would you choose if you won?
For a chance to win, enter using the form below. And good luck!
The competition is open to entrants over 18 yrs from the UK only. The winner will be chosen at random after the competition closes – but see the full t&cs below.
Terms and Conditions of Giveaway
- Giveaway ends at midnight on Wednesday 24th November 2021 (00:00 on 25/11/21)
- There is one prize only – which consists of one pack of Earth Breeze Laundry Detergent Sheets (either the Fresh Scent OR Fragrance Free pack) worth at least
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- This giveaway is limited to UK entrants aged 18 or over. If you enter from out of the UK, your entry will be deleted.
- By providing your information, you are agreeing that I can pass your details on to Earth Breeze UK for them to arrange your prize.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- The Winner will be contacted within 72 hours of the giveaway ending. I will contact the winner by email, but may also use direct messaging on Twitter or Instagram. Please note – this messaging will only be from my official account. Indeed, if any other account tries to contact you, do not respond or give any personal details.
- If no response is received from the Winner within 30 days of being contacted, a subsequent Winner may be selected.
- Finally, entry to this prize draw confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you have any additional questions, please contact me.
I do hope that you have enjoyed this Earth Breeze Review? if so, please do pin this post for later!