Some posts here on ARoseTintedWorld may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click a link and buy a product or register, then I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. I may also use products from the companies mentioned in these posts. Thank you for supporting my blog!
Even though it is over 20 years since her sudden and tragic death on 31st August 1997, Princess Diana still continues to inspire and captivate people all around the world. ‘Diana – The People’s Princess’, is a new book that celebrates her life and legacy through a wealth of gorgeous photographs. From her days as Lady Di to her last days in Paris, this book is a poignant tribute to an unforgettable icon.
See our review. And read on to find out how you can win a copy of this amazing book for yourself!
#AD – gifted – We received “Diana – The People’s Princess” from Welbeck Publishing to review – but all opinions are our own.
Diana – The People’s Princess – Our Review And Giveaway
The book is not so much of an biography as a photograph album. As well as over 250 photographs, from her childhood days to the Royal Wedding, there are accounts of most of her major life events.
Amongst the book’s pages you will find some instantly recognisable photographs. Such as when Charles and Diana got engaged. But there are also photographs from less happy times. Such as the instantly recognisable shot of a solitary Princess Diana sitting in front of the Taj Mahal.
A Life In Pictures
‘Diana – The People’s Princess’ is split into 7 chapters.
The first chapter describes her early life, with the sad divorce of her parents and her school life. It ends with her first meetings with Prince Charles, and how they sought to try and keep their relationship a secret from the press. In a serious and perhaps sad parallel to current royal events, Lady Diana mother actually wrote to The Times newspaper asking them to stop hounding her daughter once the affair became known.
The second chapter discusses her early days with Charles, their engagement and wedding. Here are photographs of happy days. But the chapter also discusses how things went wrong. And ends with their divorce.
The third chapter is devoted to Diana’s love of her boys. The fourth to her charity work. And the fifth chapter is all about her celebrity friendships.
Ultimately, the sixth chapter focuses on that day in August 1997. When the whole world was shaken by the news that Diana had died. In that fateful Paris tunnel after a frantic paparazzi chase. Her death, and the immense outpouring of public mourning was unprecedented then, and has never been matched since.
And finally, the last chapter discusses the legacy of the Princess. Undoubtedly, even though 20 years has passed since her death she still commands such bright memories. And without a doubt she lives on in her sons.
Nicholas Owen was ITN’s Royal Correspondent from 1994 to 2000. Consequently, he played a major role in the reporting of her death and aftermath. He also served as one of the news anchors of her funeral.
Fancy Winning One Of These Books?
Read on as you have a chance of winning one of these books for yourself!
It’s Time For A Giveaway!
The lovely people at Welbeck Publishing have offered one of my readers the chance to win one of these amazing books of Diana’s life featured above! To be in with a chance to win, enter using the form below. Good luck!
The competition is open to entrants from the UK only. The winner will be chosen at random after the competition closes – but see the full t&cs below.
Terms and Conditions of Giveaway
- Giveaway ends at midnight 3rd September 2020 (00:00 on 4/9/20 )
- There is one prize only – which consists of a copy of “Diana – The People’s Princess” RRP £20
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- This giveaway is limited to UK entrants aged 18 or over. If you enter from out of the UK, your entry will be deleted.
- By providing your information, you are providing your information to me and me alone. I do not share or sell information. I will use any information only for the purpose of contacting the Winner. And will send the winners details to Welbeck Publishing Group, so that they can send the winning prize.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- The Winner will be contacted by email within 72 hours of the giveaway ending.
- If no response is received from the Winner within 72 hours of being contacted, a subsequent Winner may be selected.
- Finally, entry to this prize draw confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you have any additional questions, please contact me.
Disclaimer: I received this book for the purposes of this review. But all thoughts and opinions are my own.
See more books at Welbeck Publishing here.
And see some of our other reviews