Some posts here on ARoseTintedWorld may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click a link and buy a product or register, then I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. I may also use products from the companies mentioned in these posts. Thank you for supporting my blog!
It’s no secret that staying hydrated is essential to our overall health. Of course, actually managing to drink the required daily amount of water doesn’t always come easy, even when you’re trying to make it a priority. Busy schedules, distractions, hyper focus and more all play a role when it comes to making room for hydration. So here are 5 reasons to keep up your water intake.
*This is a collaborative post – for more details please see my Disclosure Policy
5 Reasons To Keep Up Your Water Intake
If you’re after a little more motivation to get you reaching out for that water bottle more often, we’re here to help. From boosting your energy levels to enhancing your mood, here’s five benefits of maintaining a healthy water intake. You’ll be rushing off to refill in no time!
1. Boost Your Energy Levels
Do you find yourself reaching a slump towards the end of each day, commonly referred to as “3pm-itis”? You’re not alone, but what a lot of people don’t know is that water is the key to pushing past and even boosting those energy levels. When you’re dehydrated, the rest of your body has to work extra hard simply to perform basic functions, and this can be what’s leading to that feeling of fatigue.
So, how exactly can you ensure you’re fitting those sips of water into your day? Here’s a couple of tips to help you out:
- Incorporate hydration breaks: Make it a habit to drink water at specific times throughout the day, such as when you wake up, before and after meals, and during breaks at work.
- Eat water-rich foods: Incorporating more foods like cucumbers, watermelon, and oranges can help upkeep your daily water intake without always needing to drink water.
2. Support Healthy Skin
Sick of trying moisturising creams to help you achieve that youthful glow with no luck? Once again, our good friend H20 is here to save the day (and your skin). Hydration plays a crucial role in maintaining healthy and radiant skin. Without adequate hydration, your skin can become dry, and more prone to wrinkles and other signs of ageing.
When you’re well-hydrated, water rejuvenates your skin cells, giving your skin a more youthful appearance. It also helps flush out toxins from your body, which can improve your complexion and reduce the risk of skin problems like acne and eczema.
Here are some skincare tips help you find that youthful glow once and for all:
- Use a hydrating moisturiser: Look for moisturisers with ingredients like hyaluronic acid and glycerin, which help to draw and lock moisture into the skin.
- Avoid dehydrating substances: Alcohol and caffeine can dehydrate your skin. Try to limit your intake and always drink extra water when you do decide to have a quick cuppa.
3. Boost Nutrient Absorption
Struggling to maintain a nutrient-rich diet? Water plays a vital role in digestion and helping the body absorb nutrients from food. From breaking down food and helping the digestion process, to dissolving vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients from food, it’s easy to see why water is essential.
If you’re looking to optimise nutrient absorption, here’s some tips to help:
- Drink water before meals: Drinking a glass of water 30 minutes before a meal can prepare your stomach for digestion and help your body absorb nutrients more effectively.
- Don’t overdo it during meals: While it’s important to stay hydrated, drinking too much water during a meal can dilute the absorption process. It’s better to sip water from a cup throughout your meal.
4. Support Joint Health
Our joints are the hinges of our body, allowing us to move freely and comfortably. For these hinges to work properly, they need to be well-lubricated, and water plays a key role in this process.
When we exercise, we lose water through sweat, and if we don’t replenish these fluids, our joints may not have enough lubrication, which can lead to discomfort or even injury.
Here’s some tips to support healthy joints:
- Drink before, during, and after exercise: Make sure to drink plenty of fluids before you start exercising, take regular sips during your workout, and replenish your fluids after you’re finished.
- Listen to your body: Thirst is your body’s way of telling you it needs more water. Don’t ignore it. If you’re feeling thirsty, take a break and have a drink.
5. Enhance Mood and Emotional Well-being
Our brains are a little over 70% water, so it’s no surprise that hydration has a significant impact on brain function and mood. Dehydration can quickly lead to feelings of fatigue and irritability. It can also impair cognitive functions such as attention, memory, and critical thinking, making tasks seem more challenging and adding to feelings of stress and anxiety. On the other hand, maintaining proper hydration can help you stay focused, alert, and in a better mood.
Here are some tips to support a positive mindset:
- Start your day with water: After a night’s sleep, your body is naturally dehydrated. Starting your day with a glass of water can help kickstart your hydration and set a positive tone for the day.
- Set regular reminders: Use a phone app or set alarms to remind you to drink water throughout the day. Regular hydration can help maintain your mood and focus.
Water is much more than a simple thirst quencher. It’s essential to our wellbeing, affecting everything from our energy levels to our emotional and mental state. Staying properly hydrated can help us feel more energetic, focused, and in a better mood. It’s a simple yet powerful way to take care of our health and well-being.